Sunday, May 16, 2010

I really want to start a buckskin line with my palimino mare. HELP?

My mare is a palomino out of a sorrel mare and sired by a palomino stallion. I want to begin a breeding program for buckskins and palominos and I am looking to breed my first buckskin. Would I be correct in saying that I need to breed to a homozygous for the black gene stallion? In looking for this, i only find paints that are homozygous for the black gene. I understand that this throws paint into the possibity mix. What should i really do and look for in a stallion if i want a buckskin foal?

I really want to start a buckskin line with my palimino mare. HELP?
Look at the stallion's progeny and see what percentage of his colts are buckskins. Normally a breeder will answer all of your questions and even have pics of the offspring. Hope this helps!
Reply:I own a buckskin mare her parents was a palomino stallion and her mom was a bay mare don't know much about the coloring only know in my situation hope it helped some I found on the net forget where on here color chart not sure but might help you out alittle good luck

boots

No comments:

Post a Comment