Monday, November 16, 2009

Can you help me find the title of this horse book?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the title of a book I read as a kid. Unfortunately, I don't remember the author's or characters' names. It is a girls' horse book with a somewhat unusual story, given that it mainly deals with the problems the protagonist (a girl) encounters when trying to train the Arab mare she has fallen in love with at first sight. The mare (a sorrel, I think) had been mistreated at a circus and lost trust in humans (she might have escaped from the circus during a train accident). The horse's name might have been Shari or something similar.


The story was set somewhere in England, afair, maybe the Dartmoor / Exmoor area. The girl had another pony she rode to school with. I think she also had a brother. The book mainly describes the hardships of trying to get to terms with the rather wild and aggressive (albeit beautiful) mare.


The cover showed a girl and a sorrel mare with a blaze (not very helpful, I know).


It would be great if someone could help me with this!

Can you help me find the title of this horse book?
The only book that I can think of that comes close is 'Tall and Proud' by Vian Smith. It is set in the Dartmoor/Exeter area of England. The book is about a girl who always wanted a horse. She comes down with polio and her father has to come up with a way to make her walk again. He buys her a retired racehorse. She gets her nerve back, becomes able to walk again, and rides the horse to save her mother's life when an excaped convict enters the house.





You can find the book listed on bookfinder.com.








Good Luck

casual shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment